One of the most difficult aspects of running a website is Search Engine Optimization (SEO). Google’s and other search engines’ rankings of your website are constantly changing. If you want to stay ahead of the game, you’ll need to keep up with the new SEO trends.
The good news is that there are a plethora of excellent resources available to help you with on-site SEO and obtain the data you need to boost your ranking. You’ll be well prepared for success if you understand what they are and what they can do for you.
We’ll show you 17 of our favourite SEO resources in this post. Each one will help you boost your search engine rankings across the board, like Google and Bing. Let’s get started!
1. Google Search Console
Google Search Console is a set of tools that can help you find out how Google sees your site. This service gives you access to a variety of free SEO resources that cover a broad range of topics.
For example, Google Search Console allows you to inspect any crawling errors that have occurred on your website and correct them as soon as possible. It will even tell you whether your site has been infected with malware, what keywords people are using to find you, how many backlinks you have, and more.
If you’re worried about your Search Engine Results Page (SERP) rankings, this service’s many features make it a near-essential. There’s a strong emphasis on Google results here, but don’t be alarmed. If you can score well on Google, there’s a good chance you’ll do well on other search engines as well.
When it comes to actually using the service, Google Search Console is very straightforward. There’s also no excuse to ignore it because it’s simple to add your website and get started.
- Keep an eye on how Google sees your site.
- Keep track of the keywords that tourists use to find you.
- Keep an eye out for any crawl, meta tag, or sitemap issues.
- Make sure your robots.txt file is up to date.
- Keep an eye on the backlinks to your website.
- If your website is infected with malware, you’ll get notifications.
Semrush is a keyword analysis tool that can tell you how many people are searching for those keywords. Furthermore, it provides you with information on associated keywords, advertisements, product lists, and much more.
Semrush will provide knowledge about your rivals’ tactics in addition to being an outstanding keyword tool. It will tell you how much traffic they receive, how much of it comes from paying advertising, and how many backlinks they have, for example.
If you enjoy doing keyword analysis, you’ll want to have a tool like Semrush in your toolbox. You’ll be able to determine which keywords can yield the best results for your efforts, as well as see what terms your rivals are ranking for.
This service also allows you to see inside your rivals’ text and media advertising, which can help you save a lot of money on research. Bear in mind, however, that with all of this information, the learning curve for this service can be very steep.
- Investigate the worth of individual questions.
- Examine which keywords the rivals rate for and how much traffic they get.
- Find out about the backlinks to other websites.
- Examine the text and television advertising of your rivals.
BuzzStream provides a number of resources to assist you with domain analysis, email marketing, and project management. It’s a website that does everything, and the sheer number of choices it offers can be overwhelming. With that in mind, let’s look at how it can assist you with your SEO requirements.
In terms of analysis, BuzzStream will assist you in compiling lists of findings for the keywords you’re looking into. It then gives you details on and of those websites, such as overall rankings, associated social media profiles, domain age and authority, and so on.
In practise, you can use these features to aid you in conducting a comprehensive SEO audit, which includes investigating who your rivals are and the content they write. It can also assist you in creating lists of their authors and what they are up to, allowing you to keep a closer eye on their tactics.
- Investigate your rivals using any keywords you’d like to aim.
- Collect information on the age and authority of particular domains.
- Find out where the rivals rank in the search engine results pages (SERPs).
- Find the social media pages for the websites of your competitors.
- Make a list of writers who contribute to rival websites and keep track of what they’re up to.
4. DreamHost SEO Toolkit
Want to increase traffic without spending a fortune on enterprise-level software or hiring a private contractor? If you have a DreamHost account, you can use SEO Toolkit to become your own SEO expert.
SEO Toolkit begins by auditing the site for possible problems, using over 100 automated checks and verifications. The software then generates a customised SEO strategy for you, along with a checklist of basic tasks you can complete to begin seeing ranking improvements. SEO Toolkit, for example, analyses your site’s pages and makes specific suggestions on where to position keywords to improve your material.
SEO Toolkit also makes it much easier to track rivals — we’ve previously discussed the advantages of keeping an eye on your online competition — so you can fine-tune your keyword strategy and rank at the top of the SERPs.
- To find possible SEO problems, get a thorough website audit.
- Create a customised SEO strategy with tasks to boost your site’s search engine rankings.
- Daily progress updates will keep you informed.
- To boost keyword placement, use the on-page optimization resources included in SEO toolkits.
- Up to 20 keywords and four competitors can be tracked..
5. Moz Pro
Moz Pro is a collection of SEO software designed to help you take a data-driven approach to optimization. To give you a short rundown, Moz Pro is similar to SEMrush in that it allows you to study long-tail keywords as well as other domains. You will use this knowledge to eliminate keywords that have little potential and to outperform your rivals.
When you investigate a keyword with Moz Pro, you’ll see a difficulty score that indicates how difficult it will be to rank for that phrase. You can also see how many people are looking for that expression, and you can generate keyword lists for easy comparison. All of these features are expected of a reliable keyword research tool, but Moz Pro stands out due to its user-friendly interface.
What makes Moz Pro stand out is that it has a Chrome extension that you can use to get details on any domain you visit. It can also make on-page optimization recommendations and notify you of crawling errors, similar to Google Search Console.
- Find out how competitive a keyword is, as well as how many people are searching for it.
- Get keyword suggestions that are relevant to your search.
- Examine the rivals’ strategies, including the keywords they’re using.
- To look at other domains without going to the Moz website, use a Chrome plugin.
- Using custom lists, compare different keywords.
- Get on-page optimization tips and error notifications.
Backlinks are the focus of Linkody. This tool lets you see who’s connecting to your site, what keywords they’re using, and even “disavow” links you don’t like. This last feature is useful if you suspect anyone is spamming your website by linking to it. You don’t want search engines to think you’re trying to cheat the system.
Although the backlink reports are the main draw, Linkody also has a few noteworthy extras. It allows you to produce reports to send to clients, track social media shares on your blog, and link to Google Analytics, for example.
Overall, it’s a fairly niche method, but it’s very useful if you need any link-building assistance. It’s also a lot less expensive than the big do-it-all services we’ve discussed so far.
- Analyze the website’s backlinks as a key feature.
- Disavow any connections that could damage your SEO.
- Make backlink reports for your customers.
- Connect to Google Analytics to get more details.
- Keep an eye on how many people are sharing your site on social media.
Ontolo is a search engine that can help you identify marketing and SEO opportunities. It can also assist you in locating backlinking and guest posting opportunities, which is something you wouldn’t expect an automated tool to be capable of.
Beyond keyword analysis, Ontolo’s goal is to help you find new ways to expand your traffic. Backlinks are necessary if you want your website to become more authoritative, but finding the right opportunities can be difficult.
Ontolo finds those openings for you, so all you have to do now is pitch them (which unfortunately cannot be automated). It can pull prospects from over 80 different outlets, so no matter what keywords you’re trying to rank for, you’re likely to find some great choices.
- Look for opportunities for guest posting and backlinks.
- To find the best candidates, gather information from over 80 different sources.
- Conduct research with easy-to-understand papers.
- To share your prospects with others, export them.
8. HubSpot’s Website Grader
The Website Grader from HubSpot is a lot easier to use than the other SEO resources we’ve looked at so far. To use it, simply enter a domain and wait for HubSpot to produce a report for you. You’ll see separate scores for your site’s results, mobile friendliness, SEO, and security when you get the study.
It’s critical to remember that SEO is directly influenced by efficiency, mobile friendliness, and sound security practises. In a way, your entire report is one big review of how well your site is doing in terms of SEO. Even better, this tool breaks down each section of the study and offers suggestions for how to develop each one.
The Website Grader from HubSpot is extremely easy to use and can help you easily develop your website. This one also doesn’t cost you anything, so it’s well worth your time.
- Analyze the efficiency, mobile friendliness, protection, and SEO of your website.
- Each part of your website will receive its own ranking.
- Get suggestions on how to raise each ranking.
9. Google AdWords Keyword Planner
One of the most robust keyword analysis resources available is Google AdWords Keyword Planner. You can use it to look up keywords and get traffic estimates. More importantly, it can assist you in determining the competitiveness of keywords based on their AdWords cost.
This tool allows you to filter keywords based on cost-per-click (CPC) or search volume to avoid being overwhelmed with content. You’ll be able to get reports based solely on the estimates you want to achieve.
Overall, the Keyword Planner has a lot of the same features as the other SEO tools on this list. The difference is that this one is a Google product, and you can get incredibly comprehensive reports for free.
- Find out how many people are searching for every keyword you want.
- The CPC can be used to determine the competitiveness of a keyword.
- For unique keywords, you can get comprehensive reports.
WooRank works in a similar way to HubSpot’s Website Grader in that you provide it with a connection and it returns a complete report card. It gives you a single score for your entire website in this situation. Following that, it goes into everything you can do to boost your SEO and mobile-friendliness.
The key selling point in this case is that WooRank also gives you advice on how to boost the usability and efficiency of your website. Its recommendations, in our opinion, are sound. To top it off, you’ll get a report about how well you’re doing in terms of backlinks.
Overall, if you want a fast rundown of what you’re doing right and wrong on your website, even when it comes to SEO, this is an excellent tool.
- Analyze the overall health of your website, including SEO, usability, results, and backlinks.
- Get advice on how to boost your website and deal with SEO issues.
- Examine the legitimacy of your domain.
11. Varvy SEO Tool
The next tool on our list is another “Enter a URL and get a report” form. This one, however, is distinct from the others we’ve discussed so far. The Varvy SEO tool examines your website to see whether it complies with any of Google’s SEO guidelines. It can generate a complete report in a matter of seconds.
Furthermore, the study is very lengthy. It examines a variety of factors, including page speed, mobile friendliness, on-page SEO, and more. The best part, though, is that Varvy SEO Tool takes the time to clarify why each setting is important.
If you’re new to SEO (or website optimization in general), you’ll appreciate the wealth of knowledge provided by this method. It also includes links to additional reading for each setting it discusses in case you want to learn more.
- Examine the website and see if it adheres to Google’s SEO guidelines.
- Get a short report with detailed instructions on how to resolve each issue.
12. Screaming Frog
The SEO Spider Tool from Screaming Frog is a sophisticated crawler that can perform a variety of optimization tasks. This involves the detection and correction of broken connections and redirects.
Screaming Frog has some particularly useful choices if you run an online shop. For example, using CSS Path, you can use the crawler to extract data from HTML pages on your site. This means you can gather data about rates, SKUs, and more using XPath or regex.
This tool can also be used to create XML sitemaps and bind them to Google Analytics. Furthermore, Screaming Frog offers a fairly stable free version, allowing you to test out the key features before deciding to invest.
- Analyze titles and metadata, among other things.
- Crawl the site for broken links and patch them.
- Find and eliminate redundant material and websites.
13. Yoast SEO
Yoast SEO is often referred to as the best WordPress SEO plugin. When it comes to SEO, its features span the entire spectrum. To avoid Google being confused by duplicate material, you can perform readability checks and set canonical URLs, for example.
Keyword optimization and the ability to preview pages in Google, Facebook, and Twitter are among the other features available. Yoast will give you internal linking tips when you write pages and blogs, so you’ll get some content help with the upgraded version of the plugin.
Yoast SEO has a large knowledge base to assist you in getting started. You’ll also get a year of expert support from an expert support team if you upgrade to the premium edition.
- Optimize your content for unique keywords with this feature.
- Provide the metadata that search engines need to understand your content.
- Duplicate material should be avoided.
- Create a sitemap and optimise permalinks automatically, among other important SEO tasks.
Link-able takes a novel approach to optimising the website, improving SEO, and increasing traffic. This service can be compared to a highly specialised work board. It’s made to give marketers a dependable way to build backlinks for their content.
A marketer begins the process by posting a particular request on the Link-able website. The marketer’s request will provide specifics about the type of backlinks he or she wishes to create. They’ll also include any additional details that might be useful, similar to a work posting.
The project database will be accessible to authors who have been extensively vetted by Link-able. They will make proposals for particular projects and wait for responses from advertisers. If a marketer likes an idea, Link-able links the two parties and ensures that the job gets done.
- Find highly competent writers who have been through a rigorous testing process.
- For your designs, you’ll get extremely important author matches and proposals.
- Concentrate on your content while delegating link building to others.
Serpstat is a relatively new player in the SEO software industry. It provides marketers with a collection of data-driven research tools. You’ll find an SEO audit tool, a backlink checker, and competitor tracking features among the various choices.
You may organise the websites into groups or individual projects with this project-oriented framework. All of this is then accessible through a well-organized dashboard. From your project list, you’ll be able to use all of Serpstat’s tools.
When it comes to features, Serpstat is similar to a Swiss Army knife. It will help you find broken links on your website, figure out what’s causing slow page loading times, and much more.
- Manage a large number of website tracking requests for clients.
- Locate and resolve problems using an on-site auditing tool.
- Access to a Market Intelligence platform for assessing the regional and global rivalry.
- Compatibility with both Mac and PC operating systems is easy.
Ahrefs has a number of data analysis and optimization tools available. In reality, the same pricing plans apply to all of its resources. As a result, you don’t have to be concerned about losing out on important functions. You’ll also have access to the Ahrefs Academy, which is an online knowledge base with a range of learning opportunities.
A content analysis tool is one of the features you’ll have access to. This allows you to use keywords to see which similar content has performed well on social media or in organic searches. You will keep track of all your projects with the Ahrefs platform’s robust dashboard.
You’ll also be able to find content that’s relevant to your target keywords and filter the results to highlight websites that haven’t previously connected to you. You’ll be able to learn a lot from Ahrefs’ data because it crawls over 5 billion web pages every day.
- Examine the organic search rankings of your rivals.
- Access a massive database of data.
- Using a competitive analysis method, gain useful insights.
- Take advantage of a Search Traffic index of 489 million keywords from 155 countries.
17. DreamHost’s SEO Marketing Service
DreamHost has assisted thousands of customers in the development of websites over the years — it’s what we do! However, we’ve recently received a range of requests from users asking if we could do more to assist them in achieving their online objectives, especially in terms of the traffic.
And we understand: SEO is a multi-faceted, complicated marketing practise. When you’re busy running a blog or a small company, it’s difficult to DIY.
That is why our SEO Marketing service was developed. Rather than planning an SEO strategy or conducting keyword analysis on your own, our team of experts takes care of all the details to help your site rank higher in search engines.
Our team will build a keyword strategy and consistently refine your current website to boost your ranking on specific search results over time, in addition to developing and publishing new content for your site each month.
You’ll never have to worry about whether your efforts are paying off. We’ll send you a monthly report to keep track of your rankings and traffic growth. Additionally, your dedicated SEO boss will call you on a monthly basis to ensure that the work we do is in line with your objectives.
- Enable a team of SEO experts to handle the entire SEO plan and implementation.
- Increase on-page keyword density with new custom content written by a skilled copywriter once a month.
- Get a detailed monthly report on your site’s traffic and search engine rankings.
- Sync with your dedicated SEO boss on a monthly basis to ensure that the team’s activities are consistent with your objectives.
The Search for Website Optimization Tools
When it comes to running a website, SEO is just one piece of the puzzle. However, if you want your website to get the traffic it deserves, you must pay close attention to this section. After all, if your blog posts and content aren’t optimised, search engines won’t care how much work you put into them.
So, are you ready to improve your website’s performance?
To boost your search engine rankings, you can use a variety of tools, but we recommend Google Search Console, Moz Pro, and SEMrush. The first offers a variety of free SEO tools for determining how search engines perceive your website, while the latter two allow you to conduct professional-level keyword analysis. We suggest starting with SEO Toolkit for beginners because it is one of the simplest and most affordable ways to boost your site’s rankings. If tackling SEO on your own seems daunting, consider DreamHost’s SEO Marketing service; our team of experts will take care of it for you.