Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is essential in content marketing initiatives because it makes your content available on big search engines such as Google. It may be more difficult for your readers to discover your articles if your material is not optimized for search. The trick is to achieve a balance between producing helpful content that prompts action and producing content that is easily accessible.
Here are five easy strategies for beginners to develop more SEO-friendly content while maintaining quality:
1. Identify Target Keywords: A keyword is a word or phrase that people use in a search to find information. When Google indexes your website or a piece of content, it considers a number of variables in order to decide your ranking. This includes the keywords you employ and the manner in which you use them. Because your ranking determines where you appear in search results, it is critical to be selective when selecting keywords.
To choose keywords, you can utilise Google’s free Adwords Keyword Tool. Based on advertising spend for sponsored links, the tool will tell you the number of monthly searches and competition linked with a phrase. In general, consider keywords with low to medium competition and a high volume of searches. These terms will give you a better chance of ranking well than keywords with more competition and higher monthly searches.
Include your target term in the title, subheads, URL, meta description, picture alternative text field, and a few times throughout the body of your material.
2. Focus on Themes: With the recent Hummingbird upgrade and push toward semantic search, Google is turning away from favoring exact match keywords and instead of stressing the theme of the article or page.
Previously, optimizing content for SEO meant repeating your keyword at regular intervals throughout the text. Google searches are considerably more intuitive now, so a consistent theme and high-quality content are essential. This improves the quality of search results while also discounting large amounts of low-quality content and keyword stuffing.
It has always followed the concept of writing for humans first and search engines second. While SEO is vital, articles should be useful to readers first and foremost. By providing high-quality, interesting material for your visitors, you can lessen the impact of future Google algorithm adjustments if you follow this easy rule.
3. Appropriate Article Length: Because Google prioritizes quality, it is critical to have an acceptable word count. In general, an article or blog post of 500 words or more will sufficient. Also, make sure your content has a good flow with clear, succinct sentences.
4. Share Your Work: Content that is shared, linked to, and posted on other credible websites will boost your SEO ranks and attract more traffic to your website. Send timely article ideas to relevant editors and reporters that connect with recent news or critical industry developments. Learn about the outlet and customize your topic to their target audience. With news outlets pressed for time and resources, it’s easier than ever to become a contributor.
5. Find Your Niche: With so much information available, it’s critical to distinguish yourself and focus on a certain niche. Google will gradually learn that you are an authority on a given topic or area of knowledge if you generate several pieces of content on that topic. Create a captivating subject that is relevant to your target audience and keep developing material around it to increase shares, backlinks, and reader engagement.
Although SEO can be extensive and complicated, these fundamental procedures will give a solid basis for generating search-friendly content. You may increase traffic to your website, increase brand visibility, and position your organization as a leading expert in your sector by incorporating SEO best practices into your content generation process.
Need help with getting your business found online? Stridec is a top SEO agency in Singapore that can help you achieve your objectives with a structured and effective SEO programme that will get your more customers and sales. Contact us for a discussion now.