A FEW ESSENTIAL ABBREVIATIONS Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is a term that refers to the process of improving Uniform resource location (URL) SMO stands for “search media optimization.” The SERP (search engine result page) is a page that displays the results of a search engine. The World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) is a non-profit organisation that promotes the use of the internet HTML is an acronym for hypertext markup language.
SEO SEO stands for search engine optimization (optimization-action of making the best) Search engine optimization (SEO) is the process of making a website or web page more search engine friendly in order to achieve a higher ranking in search engines such as Google, Yahoo, and Bing. It’s all about trying to rank higher in search engines or showcasing your website on the first page of Google, and it’s all about enhancing your site’s search engine rankings for specific keywords.
SEO is a method of designing and creating a website in order for it to rank well on Google’s first page. Understanding how search algorithms function and what users could seek improves the amount and quality of traffic to a website through search engine marketing.
HOW SEARCH ENGINE WORKS?
1) CRAWLING – The process of using a crawler to collect all of the web pages linked to a website (or Googlebot, in case of Google). Google crawls our pages anytime we create them.
2) INDEXING – Once the page has been crawled, Google keeps the information in his database.
3) PROCESSING – When a search request is received, the search engine processes it by comparing the search string in the request with the database’s indexed pages.
4) CALCULATING RELEVANCY – Because the search phrase is likely to appear on multiple pages, the search engine begins calculating the relevance of each page in its index to the search term.
5) RETRIEVING RESULTS – The retrieval of the best matched results is the final step in search engine activity. It’s essentially nothing more than displaying them in the browser.
The process of authoring accessible content on a web page in such a way that it reads good for the surfer while also targeting specific search terms is known as SEO copywriting. Its goal is to achieve high search engine rankings for the specified search phrases. SEO copywriting frequently optimises other on-page elements for the intended search terms in addition to viewable text. The Title, Description, Keywords tags, headers, and alternate text are all examples of these.
ELEMENTS OF SEO
1. ON PAGE SEO Practices
That is everything you do to boost your page’s ranks. Practice advancing specific website pages in search engine rankings and traffic. Activities are included. Titles of Pages Descriptions in the meta tags URL Structure Meta Tags Optimization of Content Density is a term that describes how dense something is. Image Enhancement
2. OFF PAGE SEO
Link-building is a skill that can be learned. Everything you do outside of your website to increase its rankings is referred to as off-page practises. used to improve the position of a website on search engine results pages The goal of off-page is to develop links through a variety of activities. Sites for Social Networking Blogging Submission to a Blog Submission of an Article Presentation (PowerPoint) Bookmarking on social media Image and Video Submission for Link Building Release of Information.
3. TYPES OF SEO
WHITE HAT SEO BLACK HAT SEO GRAY HAT SEO Includes both white hat and black hat SEO
4. WHITE HAT SEO
Google’s guidelines and algorithms are followed. Techniques that are recommended by search engines as part of good design The process is slow, but the results are long-lasting. The most widely used approaches are providing high-quality content on the website, HTML optimization, and website restructure, all of which are tightly enforced by Google.
5. BLACK HAT SEO
Do not adhere to Google’s guidelines and algorithms. SEO activities that are in violation of Google’s Webmaster Guidelines are referred to as techniques that search engines do not accept and attempt. Deficiency for a higher rank Spam links, keyword stuffing, cloaking, hidden text, and hidden links are some of the most prominent black hat SEO tactics, often known as spamdexing. The traffic created by these tactics does not last, and the rankings on search engine research sites do not hold their place for an extended period of time.
6. WORD STEMMING Google
Word stemming is a feature that allows all versions of a word to be returned for a given search query, including single, plural, verb form, and similar words. So, if someone types in “home plans,” not only will pages optimised for that word be returned, but also pages including all permutations of that term. “Home plan,” “house planning,” and “house planner,” for example.
7. FEW BASIC TERMS META DATA
- Data that informs search engines about the content of your website. Meta tags are text that describes the content of a page.
- Meta tags are website code that is hidden from users.
- Meta tags are made up of two parts: a meta description and a meta keyword.
- The meta tags are only visible in the page’s code, not on the page itself. META DESCRIPTION
- A meta description is a 155-character snippet – an HTML tag – that explains the content of a page. a brief description of a blog/page/post that is mostly used by search engines
- Since the meta description is mostly displayed in search results when the searched-for word is within the description, optimising the meta description is critical for on-page optimization.
8. CANONICAL URL
The best address for a user to find a specific piece of information. The canonical tag avoids duplicate or “identical” material from displaying on various URLs, which might cause difficulties. The canonical tag instructs search engines as to which version of a URL should appear in search results. Bookmark — a link to a website stored in your browser for later reference, such as in pininterest. The actual text of a link to a webpage is known as anchor text. The colour of the text is usually dark. Also known as a clickable link
9. Link building
The process of obtaining backlinks to your page is known as link building. You’re conducting link building if you post articles on ezinearticles.com with a link to your site, for example. B2B stands for Business to Business. Businesses that give products or services to other businesses are referred to as B2B, as opposed to businesses that sell products or services to consumers. B2C stands for Business to Consumer. Businesses that deliver products or services to end users, or consumers, as opposed to other businesses, are referred to as B2C. Backlinks are links from other websites that point back to your website. Backlinks are links from your own website that point to other parts of your website.
10. GOOGLE ADS
Google provides an online advertising service where marketers pay to display adverts, service offerings, and video content within Google’s Ad network to web users. What is the purpose of Google Ads? 1) Attracts a larger number of customers 2) Reach the appropriate people at the right time by advertising locally or globally.
11. TYPE OF TRAFFIC GENERATE (WEB TRAFFIC
TYPE OF TRAFFIC GENERATE (WEB TRAFFIC – WEB USERS WHO VISITS A WEBSITE) ORGANIC TRAFFIC – traffic generated when visitor coming from a search engine like google or yahoo (searching is done through keywords) DIRECT TRAFFIC – Traffic generated directly through users by typing the URL or users who land on your website by directly inputting the URL into the web browser. PAID TRAFFIC – traffic generated through paid internet advertising REFFERRAL TRAFFIC – traffic generated by users clicking on links from other websites SOCIAL MEDIA TRAFFIC – As the name suggests traffic generated through social media platform like facebook, twitter, Instagram, pininterest etc E MAIL MARKETING – traffic generated through links clicked in mail message you send. DISPLAY – traffic generated from display ads like google adwords AFFILIATE – traffic from affialiate marketing
12. SOFTWARE BY GOOGLE
- Google’s web tool for checking indexing status and enhancing website visibility
- Provides information to help increase your site’s search engine presence
- Tracks and reports web traffic and demographics
- Reports on how search engines interact with your site
SEOmoz – SEOmoz provides a logarithmic ranking from 0 to 10 for the number and quality of inbound links referring to a specific website or page on that website; nowadays, Google prefers moz. The goal of SEO is to achieve high rankings in organic search results.