SEO Keyword Ranking Definition
The SEO Keyword Ranking statistic tracks your search engine rankings for certain keywords and evaluates how they evolve over time. When it comes to search engine marketing, this is the most important KPI because it shows how good your website is at getting ranked on Google and obtaining organic visitors. It is a well-known fact that the first three terms receive the majority of clicks in search results, with the first result receiving the lion’s share.
SEO Keyword Ranking Challenges
The Keyword Ranking KPI is incredibly useful in highlighting the positive and negative impact of your SEO activities, however, it is limited in explaining why. It is critical to track this KPI with other SEO Metrics and KPIs in order to gain complete knowledge of your keywords.
If you’re a marketer who finds keyword research challenging or annoying, take a break and read Samantha Winchell’s Hubspot blog piece, 25 Keyword Research Problems That Only Marketers Understand.
How to Improve SEO Keyword Ranking
There are several ways for increasing keyword ranking. Surprisingly, many people do not monitor rankings for the proper keywords. Make sure you’re tracking the proper keywords; this is the first step in convincing your CMO of the value of SEO.
Focusing on long-tail keyword rankings is another approach for improving SEO keyword ranking. Long-tail keywords are longer, less prevalent keywords that provide search marketers with the following benefits:
- They’re less competitive: Because fewer individuals are attempting to rank for long-tail keyword phrases, your site has a higher chance of ranking high.
- Longer keywords disclose greater intent—they reveal more about what the searcher is looking for, allowing you to better supply them with a specific item or Web content.
Group and organize your keywords to improve your ranking! This keyword ranking improvement method is critical to remember for your SEO dashboard, especially when converting it into an SEO keyword ranking report. Is the keyword important for a single campaign or for the entire business? Don’t try to track everything all at once. Organize your SEO Keyword Ranking in the best way possible to measure your progress.
Finally, your keywords must appear in your text. Meta keywords are crucial, but they are no longer sufficient to get you on the first page of your potential clients’ search results. It may appear that you are writing for search engines at times, but in the end, creating valuable content that people want to share, comment on, and source is a great way to boost your SEO keyword ranking and overall SEO traffic.
SEO Keyword Ranking Best Practices
The most important thing to remember about keyword ranking is that it must be tracked on a regular basis. According to Susan Kuchinskas, “it’s critical to track keyword rankings on a regular basis to diagnose problems at an early stage.” A drop in rankings over several weeks may indicate a problem, such as backlinks whose anchors have been removed or devalued.” Here are some more expert recommendations to help you maintain your keyword ranking:
- A solid website – The longer your website has been around, the more authority and links it has accumulated. It’s also critical that your entire site adheres to SEO best practises — if you’re not sure what that means, start with Google’s Webmaster Guidelines.
- A network from which to draw – To rank rapidly for a term, having a built-in network to share new information with – a blog following, an audience on social networks like Facebook and Twitter, email contacts you can reach out to for occasional help with a link – is really beneficial. If you’re not sure what it implies, it’s time to start thinking of link building in terms of relationship building.
- Before selecting a keyword, conduct research. Choose one with adequate volume but not excessive volume.
- Examine your competitors. You want to set yourself apart.
Blogger Tips Tricks founder Ankit Singla
- To improve your search engine ranking, use your main keyword inside the first 100 words and repeat it in the end.
- Before focusing on any keyword, consider its difficulty. How many pages now rank for a specific keyword? In a Paid Search (PPC Campaign), how many pages are bidding on that keyword? How much do clicks cost? as well as the volume for that word in a month
- Do not abruptly increase internal links to a post that is falling in the SERPs. Instead, do not link to the page, as this will result in a loss of ranking. You can try linking to pages that already contain a link to the post.
How to Monitor your SEO Keyword Ranking in Real-time
To provide a holistic picture of your digital marketing success, the Keyword Ranking KPI should be combined with associated web data. As important as keyword rankings are to search engine marketers, this KPI must be seen in the context of your whole online marketing initiatives. This entails keeping track of keyword ranks as well as click-through rates, link-building data, and marketing ROI. Learn more about using a Marketing Dashboard to measure and track your keyword ranking.
Need help with getting your business found online? Stridec is a top SEO agency in Singapore that can help you achieve your objectives with a structured and effective SEO programme that will get your more customers and sales. Contact us for a discussion now.