Until early 2012, when research groups began publishing studies on social media’s vast potential and the Law Society published a social media handbook for lawyers, lawyers mostly ignored social media.
Twitter has become the primary source of client recommendations for lawyers by June of that year, according to Legal Futures. People asking for advice on social media increased by 663 percent. Today, 73 percent of lawyers have profiles on LinkedIn. According to MyCase, approximately 27% of people use Facebook for work and 23% use Twitter for work.
In order for lawyers to reach out to new clients, social media is now a vital tool. However, not every law practise has joined in. Regulations and privacy concerns have prompted some businesses to abandon social media in favour of a more traditional, old-fashioned marketing plan – or referrals.
What Are The Advantages Of Using Social Media?
Social networking can benefit law companies greatly. Businesses are by their very nature social. To get referrals and complete their duties, they rely on social contacts.
Furthermore, social media consumption has risen rapidly around the world. According to eMarketer, the total number of people using social media will exceed 2.55 billion this year. This large audience gives a fantastic chance for legal firms to gain new clients.
For lawyers who want to showcase their skills and communicate what they know, social media can be a beneficial tool. Clients will be more aware of their services as a result, and contacts will become connections.
A Lawyer’s Guide on Using Social Media
- Create a page that is “Follow-Worthy.”
One of the most common blunders made by legal businesses is expecting that just having a website will bring in customers. Some legal firms overlook the importance of developing a website that entices their target audience to click through. Would you like to follow a law firm’s Facebook page if it appeared to be a personal account? There should be a distinction between corporate and personal pages on Facebook.
Share important news stories or blog pieces on a regular basis, but not just any stuff. According to the 80/20 rule of social media, 80% of the information you share should answer questions and be relevant to your target audience. Sales-oriented shares should account for the remaining 20%. The Blymenreich Law Firm’s Twitter page is a wonderful illustration of this; the majority of their tweets are links to external articles that their followers would find interesting, with the occasional sales pitch thrown in for good measure.
Share your thoughts on the law, add your own commentary, and educate your audience. Make your page engaging by including a dash of humour.
2. Maintain a professional demeanour while being human.
Make use of social media to humanise your business, but be professional at all times.
Use photographs, content, and tone that will help your target market recognise your law practise as they go from your website to your social media sites. Consider your firm’s brand while constructing a Facebook page, for example. Use the same information from your website’s “About Us” page in your Facebook “About” section to maintain consistency across the two platforms.
3. Give blogging a try.
The advantages of blogging are beginning to be recognised by lawyers. According to research, 26% of law firms have a legal blog in 2016, up from 22% in 2015. Furthermore, social media is an excellent platform for promoting a blog and drawing attention to a certain issue.
Look for topics that will pique the interest of social media users when creating blogs.
4. Look outside of LinkedIn for inspiration.
Make an informed decision about which social networking sites to join. Although LinkedIn is the most often used social networking tool for law firms, there are other options. It’s possible that some of your followers don’t use LinkedIn.
5. Get into the habit of listening to what’s going on in the world of social media.
Keep track of your number of followers and how many people saw your most recent post to gauge engagement. Analyze the hundreds of millions of pieces of data in your sector using extensive social media listening; sift and assemble the noise into meaningful patterns. This allows you to compare your voice share to that of your competitors.
Important: Industry Best Practices
Above all, your company must adhere to the industry’s standards. Because social media is a public forum, it exposes both your good and bad behavior. Following company norms when utilizing social media is more vital than ever.
Don’t be a snobby knucklehead. The majority of your prospective customers utilise social media on a daily basis. Your competitors will get an edge if you don’t interact. Allow Stridec to assist you with social media marketing. We’ve worked with major brands in the Philippines to promote brand awareness, audience growth, and sales.
We’d also like to assist you. For a no-obligation consultation, please get in touch with us.