It is the commencement of a new decade, a decade of new beginnings. The coming decade will see the birth of new firms, businesses that will be struggling to build a name and a position for themselves in a competitive market. It will become increasingly crucial for firms to capture the reader’s attention and carve out a niche for themselves. In this digitally competitive world, businesses must remain on top of the latest SEO developments in order to meet the requirements imposed by search engines for ranking web pages. So, what exactly is SEO? SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization, and it is the technique by which search engines rank websites, web pages, and their content by using keywords and content optimization.
Why is SEO important in 2020?
Every year, Google, the world’s largest and most popular search engine, updates its search algorithms. Though most of the changes are minor, they may have an impact on your website’s search engine rating. So, what will SEO look like in 2020? Let’s wait and see.
The following are the top ten SEO trends to watch in 2020:
1. Voice search
With the increasing popularity of artificial intelligence and chatbots on websites over the years, voice search has emerged as the most recent entrant and is quickly gaining traction. It’s one of the most significant SEO trends for 2020. With the development of advanced technologies such as Google Home, Amazon Alexa, Siri, and Google Assistant, customers are increasingly preferring voice searches over alternative options. With the expanding population of mobile users, there has also been a significant increase in the number of voice searches. There were only 33 million voice searches in 2017, but by the end of the first quarter of 2019, the number of voice searches had increased and approximately 42 percent of online users had begun to utilize voice search.
What should you do? The majority of voice-based search inquiries are particular, detailed, and lengthy because users demand an accurate answer to their questions. Bullet lists will help you rank higher in search engines for voice inquiries. Because the majority of voice queries are local, work on optimizing your website for local on-page SEO.
2. BERT Update
Google released the BERT Update in December 2019. Most websites were negatively impacted as a result of this rollout. Google intends to prioritize the quality of your webpage’s or website’s content in the BERT update. As a result, there is an automatic focus on keywords, content relevancy, and user intent.
Many SEO experts believe that Google will evaluate a website’s reputation using the YMYL (Your Money Your Life) and EAT (Expertise, Authority, and Trustworthiness) elements.
How can you be ready for the BERT update?
- Creating content that directly answers the user’s search query. For example, if a user searches for “home remedies for bloating,” Google will prioritise pages that clearly include “advice or home remedies for bloating or gas.”
- Search engines are no longer deceived by adding more keywords to content, regardless of whether they are related or not. It is time to start focusing on the content’s relevancy.
- The content will be reviewed for sentences and phrases as part of the BERT update, thus it is critical that you back up the website with appropriate content-specific inquiries from the searcher.
3. Technical SEO and UI/UX factors
Most websites, although focused on fundamental SEO, fail to include technical SEO and UI/UX considerations. Ignoring these details can be detrimental to your website. One of the SEO trends for 2020 is to make your website look new by implementing the best UI/UX. The most recent SEO trend is to design your website with the site structure in mind. To achieve the best results, focus on both on-page and off-page SEO.
SEO Friendly UI/UX
When determining your website’s rating, search engines consider if your webpage is UI/UX friendly. Search engines no longer rank material based on a few queries; instead, it is now necessary to create a user-friendly page to increase your ranks.
How can you improve the UI/UX to improve your SEO:
- Keep an eye on your bounce rate and try to figure out why it is so high. You may have a high bounce rate as a result of using unrelated keywords in your content, slow loading speed, or page issues.
- Keep track of how long your visitors remain on the page. If the wait time is short, you should examine the page elements and do A/B testing to assess how effectively the elements are working.
- Work on the headlines; design headings that will pique the viewer’s interest and entice them to read the rest of the article.
- Keep the site’s navigation basic and straightforward. Add a navigation menu and a search bar to all pages so that users can simply locate what they are looking for.
4. Relevant content
According to Google Algorithm Updates, simply adding keywords to content without any relevance will have a detrimental influence on conversion and search engine ranks. Google’s goal for 2020 is to totally focus on content and how relevant it is. This is the year’s most important SEO trend.
What should you do to create relevant content that will help you climb search engine rankings?
- Identifying the intended audience and developing material to fulfil their needs.
- Including keywords in crucial SEO areas such as Meta descriptions, Meta titles, alt tags, and so on.
- Experiment with fresh keywords, such as long-tail keywords. The best content for your website is one that contains a good mix of short-tail and long-tail keywords.
- Introduce synonyms or related keywords into your content to assist the page rank for various keywords.
5. Featured snippets
What exactly is a Featured Snippet? It is the summary of any search query’s results. Google places this featured snippet at the top of the SERP result. Google has been presenting them for a few years, which has resulted in a number of adjustments to Google’s search engine result page. Approximately half of all searches result in no clicks because users may acquire answers to their inquiries immediately from SERPs. According to a research of around 2 million featured snippets, highlighted snippets receive more traffic than the first ranked search result. If you want your website to appear in the snippets, attempt to focus on question-based search queries and keywords. This is one SEO trend you should strive to follow if you want to increase your ranking and position in search results.
6. Length of the Content
SEO trends 2020 emphasize not only the quality and relevancy of the content but also its length. So, if you want to enhance your rankings, you must focus on both the quality of the content and the quality of the website. There has been a lot of debate recently about the appropriate length of a blog article. According to research, the average length of blogs in the top ten results for blog search is at least 2000 words. It demonstrates that web pages with a lot of high-quality content gain higher ranks, which leads to increased visibility. However, keep in mind that your material should be able to comprehensively answer the questions presented by users. Longer blogs or material help to increase the viewer’s session time, which helps to improve your rating.
7. Mobile indexing
Since 2018, mobile indexing has been in play, with websites and their mobile versions being welcomed together and finding a position on the search engine ranking system. With the increasing reliance on mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets, it is critical for a website to have AMP version compatibility in order to compete.
The following are some mobile SEO tactics that can help you enhance your SEO:
- By enhancing your mobile page performance, you can optimise your website pages for AMP. The speed can be increased by reducing redirection, caching the browser, and using smaller codes.
- Using HTML 5 to add extra effects to the mobile page and avoiding using expensive plugins like flash because small displays do not support their functionality.
- Creating mobile-responsive pages for improved UI/UX.
8. Loading speed of the pages
Money is measured in terms of time. People are no longer willing to wait for your page to load. If your website takes too long to load, the visitor will leave. It is true that your first impression is your last impression, thus if your viewer has to wait for a lengthy time for your website to load, you have already left a negative impression. As a result, the most recent SEO trends emphasize optimizing your loading speeds.
PageSpeed Insights by Google Developers can assist you in determining your website’s current page speed score so that you can begin making the necessary changes and improvements.
Here are some pointers to help you enhance the speed with which your pages load:
- Reduce the amount of redirects; this will prevent visitors from having to wait longer.
- Make use of browser caching.
- Use a content delivery network (CDN) to distribute your content delivery load.
- Optimize the photographs and make sure they are the correct format and size.
According to the most recent SEO trends, you should employ programming languages such as Python and R to help you eliminate time-consuming and undesirable activities.
You will be able to leverage the power of marketing essentials like branding, storytelling, understanding and listening to your target audience, and providing them with valuable and timely solutions with the help of SEO automation. It can assist you in creating amazing customer experiences and supplying customers with the content they seek. SEO will benefit from programming.
10. Leveraging Influencers
Engagement metrics can assist you to determine whether or not your material is effective. Though Google has not said so, it is widely assumed that Google evaluates your website’s interaction metrics to assess the quality of your content and then ranks it accordingly.
Bounce rate, dwell time, return visits, amount of click to call requests, comments, and social shares are a few engagement indicators that are very significant in determining your search ranks. Influencers are critical in increasing any business’s SEO strategy. Influencers have an immediate and beneficial impact on engagement metrics. If you recruit or collaborate with influencers, they can help you increase the reach of your content and drive more visitors to your website. Influencers can also assist in the creation of beneficial backlinks. Backlinks are one of the most essential elements that Google considers when determining a web page’s rating.
Investing in influencer marketing can not only raise brand awareness and aid in lead creation, but it will also improve your search engine results.
Do you want to put an SEO strategy in place for your website? It is a Mumbai-based SEO firm that provides cost-effective website promotion services to clients all over the world. In order to obtain Top Search Engine rankings for our clients, we take a results-driven approach. Our technological experience for Search Engine Optimization (SEO) with planning is tailored to each project and unique, allowing us to achieve strong ranking results for our clients’ website advertising efforts. It can assist you in developing the best websites that give the ideal combination of SEO and the most recent design trends.
Need help with getting your business found online? Stridec is a top SEO agency in Singapore that can help you achieve your objectives with a structured and effective SEO programme that will get your more customers and sales. Contact us for a discussion now.